- Boeing outperforms its peers and the market in multiple periods.
- Boeing has a strong backlog of seven years-plus based on current production capacity.
- Applications of new technologies throughout Boeing’s business will allow for margin expansion to the mid-teens by 2020 and further expansion beyond that.
- The stock has been in consolidation mode year to date. So, it’s a good time to dig further into the company to see if it fits your portfolio.
Aerospace and defense stocks have finally taken a breather and are in consolidation. As I was reviewing a potential dividend-growth stock to buy from the group, I noticed that Boeing (NYSE:BA) has outperformed its peers, including Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT), General Dynamics (NYSE:GD), and Raytheon (NYSE:RTN) and the market in different periods, including the year-to-date, one-year, three-year, five-year, and 10-year periods.
A Business Overview
Boeing is the world’s biggest aerospace company. It’s also the leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems and a key provider of government and commercial aerospace services.
Boeing supports airlines and the U.S. and allied government customers in 150-plus countries. Last year, its global services segment made up about 15.6% of revenue. Year to date, this segment grew 11%, which will help stabilize its overall business performance as this business is non cyclical, unlike the commercial aerospace industry.
Solid business growth
Management expects healthy growth to continue in the overall aerospace and defense market. Over the next 20 years, it sees a strong demand for commercial airplanes. It also …
This is an excerpt. To read the full article, go to Boeing: Should You Buy The Best-Performing Defense Stock Now?
If you like what you've just read, consider subscribing via the "Subscribe Here" form at the top right so that you will receive an email notification when I publish a new article.Disclosure: At the time of writing, the author doesn’t own any stocks mentioned.
Disclaimer: I am not a certified financial advisor. This article is for educational purposes, so consult a financial advisor and or tax professional if necessary before making any investment decisions.
Get Exclusive Articles from me on Seeking Alpha
- Access my portfolio of high-quality U.S. and Canadian dividend stocks.
- Real-time updates of when I buy or sell from this portfolio.
- Get best ideas of the top 3 dividend stocks from my watchlist. Updated each month.