Four U.S. stocks and a Canadian stock increased dividends by 14-27%. They hiked their last dividend in Q4 2015 or Q1 2016. How did they perform as stocks in the past year? Are they good buys now to boost growth for your portfolio?
Last year was a rough ride for anyone who is invested in energy or mining stocks. As a Canadian, I wasn’t spared. It’s my fault really. At one point, I had 30% of my portfolio in energy, thinking that I should be buying more when energy stocks were falling lower. How wrong I was!
I experienced slashed dividends from Kinder Morgan Inc (NYSE:KMI) and Cenovus Energy Inc (TSX:CVE)(NYSE:CVE). The benefit of owning a portfolio of stocks is that winners can cover for the losers. Boy, was I glad I had winners in my portfolio. Some of my winners are listed below.
My Fastest-Growing Dividends
- Amgen, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMGN) increased its dividend by 26.6% from 79 cents to $1 in Q1 2016.
- Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ:SBUX) increased its dividend by 25% from 16 cents to 20 cents in Q4 2015.
- Mastercard Inc (NYSE:MA) increased its dividend by 18.8% from 16 cents to 19 cents in Q1 2016.
- Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) increased its dividend by 16.1% from 31 cents to 36 cents in Q4 2015.
- Enbridge Inc (TSX:ENB)(NYSE:ENB) increased its dividend by 14% from C46.5 cents to C53 cents in Q1 2016.
Dividend Growth and Company Performance
In 2015, Amgen’s share price only appreciated 1.5%. However, its earnings per share are estimated to grow 22% in 2016, so its P/E of 18.2 is a good deal…
This is primarily an excerpt from my Seeking Alpha article: My 5 Fastest-Growing Dividends Just Rose 14-27%
If you like what you've just read, consider subscribing via the "Subscribe Here" form at the top right so that you will receive an email notification when I publish a new article.Disclosure: At the time of writing, I own all stocks mentioned in this article. I own CVE and ENB on the TSX.
Disclaimer: I am not a certified financial advisor. This article is for educational purposes, so consult a financial advisor and or tax professional if necessary before making any investment decisions.
Get Exclusive Articles from me on Seeking Alpha
- Access my portfolio of high-quality U.S. and Canadian dividend stocks.
- Real-time updates of when I buy or sell from this portfolio.
- Get best ideas of the top 3 dividend stocks from my watchlist. Updated each month.